Established: January 2000
Purpose/Mission Statement: The primary purpose for this ministry is for young ladies to gain higher self-esteem from knowing why God created them.
Scripture: Galatians 5:24-25 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Meeting Time/Day/Location: You’re Worth The Wait Ministry meets the Thursday after 2nd Sunday, from 7:00 -8:30pm in the Conference Room. The ministry welcomes all teenage girls who wish to join.
The You’re Worth The Wait Ministry begun in January 2000, as a result of a conversation between Rev. Alpheus Bright and Mrs. Yolanda Weaver, concerning teen pregnancy. They both agreed that a monthly fellowship for young ladies to meet and discuss issues such as temptation, peer pressure and abstinence might help. Later, that same year, Ms. Robin Travers joined Mrs. Yolanda Weaver in leading this ministry. The ministry’s theme is “We Walk In The Spirit, Not In The Flesh,” based on Galatians 5:15-25.
The primarily goals each young lady aims for are to:
- be better witnesses for Jesus to unsaved family members and friends,
- set high standards for themselves, and to never compromise their beliefs,
- show their love for God in their speech, behavior and clothing selections,
- practice patience and self-control as they discipline their bodies to wait,
- take Jesus on all of their dates and to remember who they are and whose they are,
- call Jesus when faced with temptation instead of friends, and
- allow God to transform them into the Godly women He wants them to be.
Although this ministry focuses mainly on young ladies ages 13-18, the message of being “worth the wait” has been extended to singles of all ages including our young men.